Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rain, rain, come and play

It's raining again this weekend. This has been a very hot and wet Summer, which I suppose is an improvement over the hot and dry Summers we've had in the past. Hot and dry would be better for painting, and the lawn wouldn't be growing quite so fast. But now I've developed a new attitude to weather that disrupts my home renovation plans: I welcome it. Today I need to get an oil change, pick up a birthday present for my sister, and buy all sorts of stuff at Sam's Club. (And maybe get some concrete as well.) If the weather were beautiful I would have a hard time justifying taking the time off to do these (necessary and important) things. But it is raining, so there's no way I could be expected to paint the porch or the fence or the garage today. Freedom!!!

By the way, I highly recommend taking up the phone company on the unlimited national long distance offer. 'Cause you never know when a simple phone call across the country will turn into a two-and-a-half hour conversation!

No comments: