Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Belling the cats

Last night was my last night of work in a string of six. Now I'm off for three, and then back to work on Saturday for at least five and probably six nights.

On the way home I stopped at Walmart. I had a list of things I wanted to buy that I had made up throughout the night.

The most important things: collars for all the cats. Collars with bells attached. The collars are a little too big for Bowie, Thor, BlueBear, and Rachel, and Peaches is too small to wear one at all. Rachel took hers off at least once already, and Thor has lost his somewhere.

I was planning on getting these collars in a few weeks, when the kittens had entered into the young adult stage of their development. But after what happened with Gretchen, I decided it's too important to be able to hear as well as see the kittens, wherever they may be. If Gretchen had been wearing one of these collars last Tuesday, she might still be alive today.

No comments: