Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to work

Back again, one day early. Overtime today, then four scheduled days, then probably one or more days of overtime after that.

I feel like I didn't get much accomplished these three days off. I did some heavy-duty shopping on Wednesday morning on the way home from work, but slept most of the rest of the day. Thursday I mowed my mom's lawn and got in some more shopping - I even got a color ink cartridge that is allowing me to print in color for the first time in...a while.* Yesterday I took Rachel and Bowie to the vet's - both got a clean bill of health, though I got more eye drops for the thing that the cats are all passing around. Then I (finally) replaced the screen on the basement window through which Bowie originally fell. Then I took advantage of a break in the rain to go across town and mow my lawn. Then I took my second shower of the day and was off to meet some other local bloggers at a small bar/restaurant about fifteen miles from here.

I slept like a rock last night. I've been sleeping like that a lot lately, judging by my lack of dreams. Thursday night I had one dream that I recall, about hanging out at what appeared to be the college apartment of a girl I used to know. I woke up thinking about her, and then I remembered that she left this area six years ago, got married, and has had at least one kid. Her life...I've wondered if it would have turned out better or worse if things had gone differently between us. I haven't been in touch with her for more than a few minutes at a time in the past year, so I really can't say for sure. I hope she's doing well.

Anyway. Better make my lunch now.


*I got it at Staples, which has the best selection of ink cartridges. Neither Sam's Club, Walmart, nor Best Buy had the HP17 on their shelves. And Cartridge World, which does ink refills, apparently does most of its business with the unemployed, based on their business hours.

No comments: