Monday, May 29, 2006

Closing still on for Wednesday

The closing will take place this Wednesday as planned. The only obstacle at this moment is the lawyer's office: they still need to tell me the specifics for the Certified Check. If I don't have that information before 3:00 tomorrow, I won't have the check for Wednesday at 10:00.

We just had a bit of a houseclearing at the house. My aunt opened it up to make it possible for the various children, grandchildren, great-grand-children, and assorted spouses to take "mementos" of my grandparents. The less said about this, the better. Suffice it to say that it went pretty much as expected. Considering the fact that I could count on the fingers of a leper's hand how many people paid regular visits to my grandmother during her time of confinement in nursing homes in the final years of her life, there was quite a large and enthusiastic crowd gathering mementos - particularly those mementos with the greatest resale value.

But it's done. Only I have a feeling it isn't. I have a feeling that some of those who were eager to carry off everthing they could get their hands on will be back a few months down the road to pay me a social call. That's really something to look forward to.

No comments: