Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back to work day

Well, my fun is over.  I'm feeling well enough to go back to work tonight.  Still not 100%, but close enough to 95% to head in.

...wow.  Glad I just checked the layoff message.  No, I'm not laid off, but several other people are.

This was quite an eye-opening experience.  The first time I've been sick like this in a while, and as far as I can tell, it was just a cold.  Judging by my entry from last Wednesday, I first started to show signs of this last Tuesday.  I wasn't able to head it off by taking my home remedy at the first appearance of symptoms because I wasn't about to slug back some alcohol on a work day.  My trip to Allentown on Thursday and my all-day adventure with my mom on Friday didn't help matters.  By Friday afternoon I was completely sick, and by Saturday I felt like utter crap, complete with the worst sore throat I can ever remember having.

Sunday I felt a little bit better, enough to get out and about - to church (I lurked in the back to avoid close contact with others), a bookstore, a home improvement store, and an arts & crafts store to buy a model Allosaurus.  (Hey, some things in life are important.)

All this may have made things worse, and by Sunday evening I was feeling lousy again.  I pre-emptively called off for Monday night.  (I had been scheduled for overtime for Sunday, but that was cancelled.)

Today I feel better.  Maybe I'll change my mind in the next few hours, but I think I'll be going to work tonight. Then there's just Wednesday night, and then five days off, barring any overtime for which I may have been mandated.

No comments: