Friday, November 19, 2010

Rocketing through

I should be keeping an hour-by-hour diary of symptoms.  This morning I had chills, even though the thermometer said it was a balmy 75 degrees in that room.  My throat was horrible, to the point that I bought two boxes of Cepacol and one of Chloraseptic, neither of which I have ever used before.  (I also bought NyQuil, which is also something I've never used before.)  My nose started running about two hours into the five six-hour odyssey I took with my mom, going from Nanticoke to Scranton to Dickson City (got my free turkey from work and the cough drops) to Moosic to Wilkes-Barre back to Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and Nanticoke again.  My cough became "productive" shortly after we got home.  And now my ability to spell is going away.

Confession:  I have not yet seen Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  I have honestly not liked the movies a fraction as much as the books - I have found them dreary and dull at times when they should have been madcap and fast-paced.  (Compare the Ollivander's scene in the first movie, with John Hurt as an almost comatose Mr. Ollivander, to the Cat in the Hat-level of frenzy in the book's original of that scene.)  But I have owned the DVD of that movie for some time, and would like to see the new film in a theater.  Maybe I'll pop it in and watch it soon.

I'm falling behind on some personal stuff.  I'll have to try to get to it soon.  I had hoped to get together with someone tomorrow, but the way I feel coupled with a high likelihood of infection makes that unlikely.

My beard and moustache trimmer broke some time ago.  It hasn't worked in a while, and I tried replacing the batteries yesterday, and still nothing.  Today I bought a trimmer with multiple heads for under twenty dollars.  Unfortunately it's a rechargeable, and probably needs to charge all night.  Maybe as of tomorrow I can stop looking like an extra from Gettysburg.

Encana Oil & Gas, one of the gas companies seeking to extract natural gas from Luzerne County, has pulled up stakes and left, declaring that gas could not be extracted in sufficient quantities to be commercially viable.  I think WBRE went above and beyond with their report, or at least with the folks interviewed for the report.  (This would be more obvious if the video in the linked article were larger than a postage stamp.)

(Oh, sheesh.  WNEP interviewed the same couple.)

YouTube Weekend: Speaking of videos, someone on another Blogspot blog commented that they were no longer able to post videos to their blog.  Let's see if I can.  I heard this song while grocery shopping the other day, and I remembered how cool it was - and still is:  "Driver's Seat" by Sniff 'n' the Tears:

No comments: