Saturday, October 03, 2009

Firewall issues

I haven't been able to access AOL for the past two days. The site itself, or my AOL mail, or (most importantly) my AOL Instant Messenger.

I think it's a Firewall thing. It may also be related to this change made by Verizon, though I don't think so.

Today when I opened a new tab in IE8 I was greeted by a Google page. But that wasn't the page I was expecting. A few minutes of checking reveled that my Google toolbar now had a feature turned on that I had never turned on.

I need to look into these issues, especially the AIM one. But this is a work day. I'm scheduled to work through Monday night, and will probably have overtime on Tuesday night. After that I'll try to sit down and figure out what's going on.


UPDATE: Never mind. Choosing "Auto configure" on the AIM error screen for the umpteenth time finally fixed it.

No comments: