More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back to work day

Well, my fun is over.  I'm feeling well enough to go back to work tonight.  Still not 100%, but close enough to 95% to head in.

...wow.  Glad I just checked the layoff message.  No, I'm not laid off, but several other people are.

This was quite an eye-opening experience.  The first time I've been sick like this in a while, and as far as I can tell, it was just a cold.  Judging by my entry from last Wednesday, I first started to show signs of this last Tuesday.  I wasn't able to head it off by taking my home remedy at the first appearance of symptoms because I wasn't about to slug back some alcohol on a work day.  My trip to Allentown on Thursday and my all-day adventure with my mom on Friday didn't help matters.  By Friday afternoon I was completely sick, and by Saturday I felt like utter crap, complete with the worst sore throat I can ever remember having.

Sunday I felt a little bit better, enough to get out and about - to church (I lurked in the back to avoid close contact with others), a bookstore, a home improvement store, and an arts & crafts store to buy a model Allosaurus.  (Hey, some things in life are important.)

All this may have made things worse, and by Sunday evening I was feeling lousy again.  I pre-emptively called off for Monday night.  (I had been scheduled for overtime for Sunday, but that was cancelled.)

Today I feel better.  Maybe I'll change my mind in the next few hours, but I think I'll be going to work tonight. Then there's just Wednesday night, and then five days off, barring any overtime for which I may have been mandated.

No comments: