Monday, July 27, 2009

Yesterday, today, tomorrow

Yesterday:
Left work, went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Bought two Elegant Rooster coffee mugs at 40% off. Went to church. Went home. Unloaded car (newspaper, lunchbag, cooler box containing one remaining can of diet cola), grabbed weedwhacker, whacked weeds until charge ran out. (Yes, at 9:00 on a Sunday morning.)

Played with cats and kittens. Puttered around for a few hours. Ate pork chops. Crashed while watching The State on DVD and talking on the phone with a friend and slept for a few more hours. Got up. Used hedge trimmer on hedges that have undergone explosive growth in past two weeks. Puttered around for a few more hours. Paid a major bill, one of the reasons for all this overtime. Went to sleep watching Director's Cut of Watchmen on DVD. Was disappointed by added scenes so far: they deviated from the book and broke the pacing of the movie, which in that particular sequence closely matched the pacing of the book.

Today:
Took care of cats and kittens. Plan to mow my mom's lawn, possibly my lawn. May meet a friend for lunch or dinner today or tomorrow. May also go shopping at Sam's Club.

Tomorrow:
Finish up lawns. Take mom grocery shopping.

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the death of a girl whose life I accidentally became aware of a few months ago. I plan to pick up a copy of the Allentown Morning Call tomorrow to see if anyone has posted any memorials.

A post that I wrote about this girl months ago will appear tomorrow. It's still true, it's still valid. The inexplicably powerful feelings I experienced months ago have dimmed by several orders of magniture, but there's still something there. And she's still dead.


I believe my cats have just disconnected the DSL line. I need to fix that before I can post this.

(No...maybe not. Connection just reconnected by itself. Could it be as Michelle said, the heat causing phone lines to expand and interfering with signals?)

No comments: