Sunday, September 10, 2006

It was supposed to rain today

But it didn't. It wasn't beautiful, but it was nice enough that I could do work outside.

I would much rather have spent the entire day online, chatting with lovely young ladies from Norway, Australia, California, Michigan, New York, and all over. But the demons Obligation and Duty and Commitment dog my steps and drag me along paths I would not take on my own. Thus did I find myself on my porch today, applying a first coat of Floor & Porch paint (Behr, in the shade Pooh's Thoughtful Spot) to the left and right wings of my porch, all the while talking on the phone with a friend I have not talked to in many weeks.

I wrapped things up by 6:30, came home, and began mowing the lawn.

I am still in the depths of my allergy season, so I have spent most of the time since coming back in the house sneezing and blowing my nose.

No comments: