More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Items checked off (and added to) the list, Thursday, April 23

Things accomplished:

- Mowed my lawn across town.
- Assembled and positioned a composter.
- Transferred a sod lifter from here to there.

- FAILED to make a lunch date with my old professor, because he and the other professor I was hoping to meet with, who I first spoke to at a professor's retirement party last year, are leaving for Europe tomorrow. Maybe for a conference, maybe to hitchhike from brothel to brothel, I'm not sure. Today they were at a Solar Scholars event, which is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to talk with them about.


New items added to the vacation checklist:

- Buy insecticide for killing Carpenter Bees that are eating my garage.
- Kill Carpenter Bees that are eating my garage.
- Plug up entrance holes for Carpenter Bees yadda yadda.

Unfortunately, the bees are already active. Well, maybe what I saw today were just Bumblebees and not Carpenter Bees. Either way, I was kinda hoping to catch them while they were still in a state of cold-induced inactivity. I'd rather not be up on a ladder when I discover that I've been misinformed about the lack of stingers on Carpenter Bees.

4 comments:

...tom... said...

...

... maybe to hitchhike from brothel to brothel .....?!!!?!!?

I am thinking maybe you meant 'hostel to hostel' ...but maybe you did mean what it says.


Interesting.


...tom...
'malinfe' ...then 'cooties'..!! a real word..!!

D.B. Echo said...

I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

And what is a brothel, anyway, but a hostel with slightly different accomodation arrangements? And different payment terms, I suppose...

...tom... said...

...

I said what I meant and I meant what I said.Hey, where is my smilie..?? It was _just_ a question. ...:minism:...


If they are former professors of yours it would seem they are old to be hitchhiking across Europe, let alone from one 'hostel', 'brothel', whatever to the next.


...tom...
.

D.B. Echo said...

Heh. I was thinking I should have added a smile! Or a :P !

Ah, but these are Physics professors, in the mold of Richard Feynman! (In some ways, anyway!)! Never too old for a midlife crisis!

Naaah, I'm not serious...well, I'm not not sure that they'll be hitchhiking from brothel to brothel. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least! I suppose if I ever do manage to arrange a lunch with them, I'll get plenty of stories of their adventures!