Friday, June 06, 2008

Retirement party

I just got home from spending a few hours at the University of Scranton at a retirement party for one of my old professors from the Department of Physics and Electronics Engineering.

It was a good time. I got to meet several interesting people, got to refamiliarize myself with a lot of old friends and acquaintances, and passed out a bunch of copies of my blog card.

I would write more, but I'm very tired and need to go to bed soon. I have a blood donation tomorrow morning, and then I need to plant a replacement cherry tree and two blueberry bushes.

Time for bed. More later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today (Saturday) may not be a good day to do anything outside at all! It was already oppressive at 9:30am. Talk about air you can wear!

D.B. Echo said...

Yeah, the revised schedule has me planting the cherry tree in the waning hours of the afternoon, maybe even at sunset. I think that will also help to minimize transplant shock, not to mention reduce the likelihood of my death.