Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Almost missed this one

I'm coming in just under the wire for technically getting in a post today - which means starting the post, not necessarily finishing it.

It's not like I don't have anything to post about. I have a lot. I just don't know what to say or do first.

And it's not like I haven't already written a post today. But that one won't appear for another three months and six days - well, five days from the moment I'm writing this. I'll see if it's still appropriate then. Or if I've forgotten by then. In which case it will be a lie.

Ticked a few things off my list today. Took my mom for a medical procedure. Got a haircut. Ordered her Mother's Day gift.

I did a few other things, too. Took some detective work as far as I plan to take it. Basically crossed a boundary today. I don't plan to go any further.

I didn't put much thought into Earth Day. I've always thought of it as being like National Brotherhood Week: set aside a designated time to care about something so you don't have to care about it the rest of the year. That doesn't actually get the job done. Ask Kayak Dude.

I happened to be in the parking lot of the Wilkes-Barre Township Wal-Mart this afternoon, and it was full of damned dirty hippies and their tie-dyed forms of transportation. The Dead - the remaining members of The Grateful Dad, plus a few new members - were in town today. And I watched a new phenomenon, as my cousin and his friends essentially live-blogged the set list to his Facebook account as the concert was in progress. The world is sure a different place from the first time I went to a major concert, a mere fifteen years ago.

Tomorrow is yard work, weather permitting: mow my lawn across town, and maybe this one too. Make arrangements to meet one of my Physics professors for lunch to talk about questions of the past, present, and future. See about getting a load of topsoil delivered here next week. Maybe make some other plans. Pay some bills.

So that's it. Now, I'm going to check some mail and my friends' Facebook updates.

No comments: