Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sunglasses, weather fronts, and apologies

A note to myself:
The Wal-Mart clip-on sunglasses I wear are amber Solar Shield size 52 rec(2), where the (2) is a superscript suggesting "squared." These are actually slightly rectangular ovals. I bought three pairs two years ago for $9.46 each, at a time when I really couldn't afford such an extravagance. I have since lost two of those pairs somewhere in the house. On a trip to Wal-Mart yesterday I found that they don't have much of a selection at this time, they don't have my size, and the price for comparable clip-ons is now $13 - a 37% price increase in two years.


A note on the weather:
Temperatures have dropped at least twenty-five degrees since this time yesterday. This drop came all at once, early yesterday evening. Apparently temperatures were higher than I thought when I was working outside on Monday - up to the mid-nineties (Fahrenheit; 33-35 Celsius.) Today I plan to finish the garden and mow at least one lawn.


A note to someone special who I think left a note to me on her blog:
Message received. I have sent you an e-mail response, but I have no way of knowing if you got it. I am hoping you will see this:

Thank you. You are one of the few people who has been in such a situation and given me such an acknowledgement. Most of the others have simply moved on and, presumably, forgotten about me. I was assuming you had done the same. I am only sorry that I have caused you to feel guilt or anxiety.

So do me a favor? Stay alive. I don't know what paths life will lead me down, nor do I know yours. But I still hope that someday our paths WILL cross. Stay alive, and that will continue to be a possibility. Do that for me, OK? We'll see how the rest goes.

Feel free to get in touch with me any time you want. Please.

No comments: