Saturday, May 16, 2009

Belated Blogiversary post, and stuff

I knew my fifth Blogiversary was coming up sometime soon, but it wasn't until I checked out my original post a little while ago that I saw I had missed the date by two days. Another Monkey saw first light on Friday, May 14, 2004! For five years I've been vomiting my ideas and opinions onto the Internet! I think I'm supposed to buy myself something made of wood now.

By the way, if you are looking to get a reel lawn mower, the Scotts Green Classic 2000-20 is fantastic! Assembly was a breeze, and it sliced through the grass with a pleasant whirring sound as fast as I could walk! I repurposed the bag from my broken-down Task Force lawn mower from Lowes (the lowest-rated of the reel mowers) and saved myself the cost of a new bag. (I had to adjust the things that clip onto the rear axle - one was too loose for the new lawnmower.) I was able to get 2/3 of the lawn cut in an hour and a half, before the game was called on account of rain. It will probably take me about a half hour to forty-five minutes to do the rest. Typically it took me four hours to mow this entire lawn - more when I had to keep stopping to do repairs!

I'm off-balance now, sleep-wise. Went directly from work (my fifth consecutive twelve-hour night) to my house across town, watched some TV, then fell asleep in the chair. I headed up to bed and slept until 2:30. Came back here, ate some burgers and ice cream (my first food in twelve hours), screwed around on the computer, and then got to the business of assembling the new mower. Then, after a brief pit stop, I was on my way!

I think I should get something to eat now and then head to bed. Church in the morning - 8:00 AM - and then off to see the art exhibit at the school where my younger nephew takes art classes!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Belated Blogiversary!

I just realized I can't remember when mine is. I'm off to figure out when I started blogging.

hedera said...

Happy Blogiversary, DB!

SeattleDan said...

Here's to five more years, DB!

Super G said...

Congrats DB. Truly a remarkable run. I hope you're still at it 5 years from now.

Super G

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Happy, Happy to you!