Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yet another debate

Eh. I'm tired. Another Presidential debate tonight, but I don't think I'll live-blog this one.

Mowed as much of the lawn as I could today, but it was too dark by 7:00 to see what I was cutting. I'm about 3/4 done. This might be the last mowing this season. This weekend I'll clear out the overgrown crap on the side garden.

I stopped in Scranton on the way home today to mail a package, and nearly slammed right into a road closing on Lackawanna Avenue. Had to do a detour. Saw some cool old parts of Scranton that I've never seen before.

I'm still getting hits for "deadline to register to vote for president in PA." The answer to that, unfortunately, is "yesterday."

If you missed the deadline - well, there is still something you can do. There are probably several people you know who are registered to vote, yet are not planning on voting this November. Use their votes! That is, use your powers of persuasion to convince them to get out and vote on Election Day. Give them a ride to the polling place. Try to convince them to vote the way you would have if you hadn't missed your chance. If you can persuade other people to vote the way you would have, especially people who would not have voted without your encouragement, it's like you're multiplying the power of your vote several times over!

The next key deadline is Tuesday, October 28, the last day to file for a Pennsylvania Absentee Ballot. If you're not going to be in your voting district on November 4, make sure you get an Absentee Ballot.

votesPA.com: Voting by Absentee Ballot

No comments: