Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The rest of this week

Just mowed the lawn at my house across town. Harvested some tomatoes the size of ping-pong balls and some pumpkins the size of baseballs. Then I came back here and took out the garbage.

I'd like to live-blog the Vice Presidential debate tomorrow, but I'd like to watch it, too. No idea how this will go. The temptation is to assume Palin will be a pathetic joke, giving a performance consistent with her appearances with Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric. But the accounts I've read have suggested that she may take another approach: use her time to recite the talking points and catch phrases that are being drilled into her right now, and to hell with the questions. Sure, she may technically lose the debate, but if she wins over the audience, it doesn't matter. And if Biden even once uses his trademarked squint-grin-chuckle to express his condescending disdain for his opponent, as I have seen him do for twenty years in various forums, I will scream, and look for a brick to fling.

A cousin is getting married on Saturday, so I won't be spending much time on teh Internets this weekend. I may try to pre-program posts for each day. Right now I'm feeling verrrry sleepy, and it's only 9:06 on Wednesday night.

No comments: