Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Double Potter birthday!

Today is July 31, 2007. It is Joanne* Rowling's 42nd birthday. Which means she's less than two and a half years older than me. Looking at her accomplishments vs. my accomplishments is a little depressing...until I think about how old she was when the first Harry Potter book hit the bestseller lists. Then it's very depressing.

Not coincidentally, today is also Harry Potter's birthday. According to the in-universe chronology, he would be 27 today**. Happy birthday to both the character and the creator!

*Not "J.K. Rowling". As all the cool kids know, the "K" is a fake middle initial, added because her publisher felt she needed one. So "J.K. Rowling" is actually Joanne Rowling's pen name.

**This assumes, for those of you who haven't read it yet, that he isn't dead at the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Well, that makes the old girl 6 years younger than me... So now, I'm depressed too!!

But, I'll survive!

Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

I'm off to see Potter again tonight at the IMAX. Perhaps the third time will be a charm.