Monday, July 30, 2007

Another view of London

Fellow Felbernaut Hedera recently returned from a trip to London. Reading her traveller's tales reminds me of my own visit there in March of 2006. But they also remind me of how much I didn't get to see and do there. It's really impossible to fully experience London in a single weekend; it would probably take several years, or decades even, to sample everything that it has to offer.

Her stories, put in order as they happened:

http://hederascorner.blogspot.com/2007/07/visiting-london.html
Visiting London: Hedera and her husband head out to the ancient city, ride all the rides and see all the shows. Well, not all of them, just the cool ones.

http://hederascorner.blogspot.com/2007/07/driving-on-left.html
Driving on the Left: An unnerving experience for anyone who is used to driving on the right.

http://hederascorner.blogspot.com/2007/07/leavin-on-jet-plane.html
...Leavin' on a Jet Plane: Air travel is always fun. And sometimes your luggage takes a different flight.

http://hederascorner.blogspot.com/2007/07/found.html
Found!: The prodigal luggage is located.

Here are my own London tales:
London, part 1: Kensington Gardens.
London, part 2: Beginning our bus tour of London. The Marble Arch, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, St. Martin-In-The-Fields, a "very strange-looking statue", Nelson's Column, and a first glance of Big Ben.
Trafalgar Square statue: Alison Lapper Pregnant: Discovering the identity of the "very strange-looking statue".
London, part 3: Big Ben and Parliament.
London, part 4: The London Eye, the Dali statues, St. Paul's Cathedral, The Monument, and Tower Bridge.
London, Part 5: The Tower of London, and the bus tour wraps up. Piccadilly Circus at night, and Les Miserables at the Queen's Theater on the West End.
London, Part 6: Our second day in London. Oxford Street, The London Dungeon, and misadventures with buses.
Leaving London
Back from London, and an Ashes update: My third and final post from Ireland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I last got to London in 1999 just for a couple of days. All told, I've probably been to London 4 or 5 times, for maybe a total of a week of 10 days. I have yet to get inside the Tower, but I have been inside Parliament, Buckingham Palace, the British Museum, and the Hard Rock Cafe. I love to just walk around or ride the tube. I miss London. I need to go again sooner rather than later.

hedera said...

How sweet of you to link my travel stories! There are more now, we've gotten as far as Dartmoor, a lovely place. Soon I will move us on to Wales.