Friday, May 01, 2009

Winding down

Well, tomorrow is my last day of vacation, and it's pretty booked: a funeral for the lady who lived next door to my grandmother in the morning, then Free Comic Book Day, then church at 4:00, then the bloggers' gathering at Mark's Pub in Wilkes-Barre. Sunday night it's back to work, for four nights - then we resume the four days off - four nights on routine.

Today was a pretty laid-back day. Stayed in bed late, screwed around on the computer a bit (well, more than a bit), paid a bunch of bills, and then draped nets over the pollinated blossoms on my two cherry trees. Last year I waited too long, and the birds stripped the pea-sized developing cherries from the trees by May 10. I think I got three-and a half cherries from the two trees in the whole season.

Now I'm off for a shower, and then I'm going to the wake for my grandmother's neighbor - now my neighbor. She had been in bad shape since before I bought the house in 2006, but we got to talk a few times while she sat on her back porch and I worked in my back yard. She was very sweet and very nice, and I have known her all my life. She will be missed. And another living connection to the past has gone away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi ....about 12 hours past your blog time...or so...
just a quick hello...
got down here )perkasie) later than expected...played a little with my niece...
she started getting tired/cranky...
went to bed,
helped mom "figure out" her printer cartridge dilemma...
then talked and shared and "caught up" til about 3am! ..yikes...i need to get out of this "late cycle"....
maybe need that "early morning summmertime SUN" to wake me!!! ;)

hope you are well... and that you enjoyed the "interactive" e-mail I sent last night!
ciao for now!...
~monica :)

...tom... said...

...

a funeral for the lady who lived next door to my grandmother in the morning, ...The smart-arse commenter would ask you who the lady lived next door to in the afternoon...

. . .but no, that would definitely not be me.

Just a random tease/poke. I am sure you deserve it for some reason...


...tom...
'loginter' and then 'warea'