Monday, July 23, 2018

Rainy Monday

Today was a three hour work day for me. Naturally, it turned into a three-and-a-half hour day, plus a bit more. On the way home I stopped to put fifteen dollars in the gas tank - just over five gallons at $2.959/gallon - ran in the house to brush my teeth, and then stopped at the dentist for a quick touch-up on the cap I had put in last week.

It rained off and on throughout the day, in brief but very heavy storms that have caused flash floods throughout the state. Both Knoebel's and Hershey Park have sustained some flooding, and Hershey Park will be closed indefinitely.

My tomatoes have shot up tremendously. How tall they are, I'm not sure, since most have started to flop over under their own weight, and one has uprooted its stake. I think most are now over six feet tall. I believe I'm still a week or two from ripe tomatoes.

My friend gets released from the hospital on Thursday. Here's to third chances.

No comments: