Monday, July 16, 2018

More

Three hours of overtime today. Left on time, for once. Regular work week begins tomorrow.

On the way home I stopped at the drugstore for my mom. Took the laundry that I had hung up before heading to work off the line, because it looked (briefly) like it might rain. (It didn't. It will possibly rain tonight.) Went to the dentist to get a cap put on a tooth. Went grocery shopping after that. Came home, put away the groceries, and worried about my friend. (I have heard nothing from her since she was hospitalized. Last time she called me five times a day. This time, nothing.)  Made a week and a half of lunches, then made a week's worth of dinners. Washed the dishes. Emptied and changed the litter boxes. Watched some commentary on Putin's puppet's performance in Helsinki. Got my stuff ready for tomorrow.

The work week begins again tomorrow. Three ten-hour (minimum) days, followed by two days off during which I will work at least two more hours of overtime, and possibly a lot more, followed by another ten-hour day, another day off possibly spent working overtime, and then the cycle begins again. I'm not just sucking up the overtime for the money. This is also helping keep my mind off my friend, since there isn't a damned thing I can do for her. But it's mostly about the money.

No comments: