Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The sidebar gets longer

I have finally added a live-updating Blog List to the sidebar. This list includes most (but not all) of the blogs on my two previous blog list, plus a handful of sites (like Snopes and New Scientist) that are not technically blogs. It also adds a bunch of blogs I've been following for the past year or so through the "Follow" function on the Blogger homepage, but have never mentioned here.

This list will constantly re-order itself to display the most recently updated sites at the top, with the title and (approximate) age of the post. Once a post gets more than a year old, funny things start to happen. I currently have several blogs linked that have not updated in more than a year.

Eventually I will remove my old lists, preserving them in posts.

I will be making other changes to the sidebar eventually. For now, this one allows me to keep better track of who is posting what when, who is active and who has dropped off the face of the blogosphere. Sadly, this last group includes both of the people who first inspired me to get into blogging, as well as one of the funniest bloggers I've ever read. More on this later.

No comments: