Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Bloomsday!

Yes, it's Bloomsday, the day on which people once again think about getting around to reading James Joyce's Ulysses. Maybe. Someday. Eventually.

...Oh, crap. I'm repeating myself.

An update on yesterday: The traffic jam was all cleared out by the time I hit the road. So I got to work 40 minutes early instead of the usual 20 minutes early. No problem. I hung out in the car and talked on the phone.

Done with work now. Need to file for unemployment for the day I was laid off two weeks ago, which meant I had a 24 hour week. I am very sore and was extremely tired - I went to bed as soon as I got home and didn't get up until 2:00 this afternoon. As I awoke I was dreaming I was watching halftime at the Army-Navy game, and the Naval band was playing the 1812 Overture. The cannons were being triggered by a cadet in full dress uniform cutting ropes with a cutlass. I forced myself to stay asleep until the last cannon fired. Possibly something Freudian going on there, I don't know.

Just arranged to meet a friend for breakfast after my last day of work next rotation. That should be interesting.

Mowing this lawn and taking my mom to an appointment tomorrow. Probably more lawn mowing Thursday or Friday. For some reason I thought I was meeting some friends for dinner Friday, but I've just been reminded that it's actually Thursday. Then it's back to work Saturday!

No comments: