Thursday, June 29, 2006

Once more into the breach

Today I'll take another stab at getting into work. The river crested at 2:00 this morning, so things are probably not going to get any worse. I'll take an alternate route if I have to - I don't expect anything that is open this morning will be closed at the end of the day.

I shut off one of the pumps in my basement before I made my failed attempt at getting to work yesterday afternoon, and I shut the other one off a few hours later. I sopped up any residual water with towels and I've had fans running all night. They'll probably run all day today, too.

Depending on the weather when I get home I'll either finish mowing the lawn here (which I started at 8:00 last night), mow the lawn at my new place, or wash the basement floor down with bleach. All three things need to be done today, or tomorrow, or this weekend.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to finish painting my porch sometime soon, too.

1 comment:

Gort said...

We lived through this one buddy.What a scare.

Word verifier is lwfilh.

I should play some lwfilh ball soon.