Saturday, June 24, 2006

Rain, rain, go away

I have some friends coming up to help me with the new house. The plan had been that they would help me scrape, sand, prime, and paint the porch and put a second coat on the steps, and maybe repaint the silver spikes on the tips of my wrought-iron fence - the only parts that don't need to be extensively scraped and sanded. But it's raining today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and the next day, and every day for the foreseeable future. We can't paint when it's raining.

So we'll try to figure out something else. I'll see about breaking out some heavy-lifting stuff - trunks of books and other things that need to go from being in storage here to being in storage there. And I'll give them the grand tour, and go over the list of projects that need to be done, and the order that they need to be done in.

Then, at 2:00, we're off to a book signing. I wonder if it will still be raining then?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Har, I had to laugh about the rain when I sat with the boy and his 2 friends for hours after you and I left the book signing.
The sun was shining away.
Murpheys law. LOL!