Sunday, May 20, 2018

First lawnmowing at house across town, May 20, 2018

This has been a hell of a Spring.Winter lingered, not in the horrible, icy-grip-on-your-throat way it has in years past, but in the manner of someone who keeps returning to a lost argument trying to make another point. I had made a mental note that I should mow my lawn across town for the first time no later than the third week of April, but we were still getting frosts, freezes, and even snow at that point. And thanks to a rainier-than-usual past few weeks and the need to mow my mom's lawn when I could, I didn't get a chance to mow it until today. What should have taken one hour took three, mainly because I had to keep stopping to unjam the blade, sometimes after only a few feet. The grass was from eight to twelve inches tall, and slightly damp. But I got it done.

Along the way I spotted some interesting new weeds in flower. Unfortunately, the camera I keep in the car has issues focusing on very close items, so the bleeding hearts are out-of-focus.

Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor

Next year for sure: first mowing by May 1!


No comments: