Tuesday, May 08, 2018

The best planned mows...

A partly cloudy day. Highs in the low 70s. Low humidity. A perfect day to mow my lawn across town after work. I would get out of work at 2:30, grab something to eat, and then deal with the grass that is probably eight inches tall in spots.

Not so fast.

A last call came in at 2:19, and I didn't get off it and get logged out until 4:15. The extra time won't even count as overtime, since I'm only putting in a 30 hour week this week, and overtime only counts for hours over 40.

Now my schedule was off. With less time to work with, I didn't feel like loading the lawnmower into the car, driving it across town, mowing the lawn, loading it into the car again, driving it back across town, and unloading and putting it away. So instead I started mowing my mom's lawn again, which is something I planned to do on Friday. Got nearly half of it done. Maybe I'll do the rest tomorrow, and then mow my lawn Friday.

Also, I should probably begin a new job search, for reasons unrelated to anything above.

No comments: