Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Snow on Forsythia blossoms, April 17, 2018



It's Tuesday, April 17, 2018, and it's been snowing off and on all day in Nanticoke and throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. For the most part it's just been flurries, but around 4:00 this afternoon, as I drove from a root canal follow-up appointment to the Barnes & Noble at the Arena Hub Plaza in Wilkes-Barre to pick up a copy of James Comey's newly-released book "A Higher Loyalty" (40% off with my member's discount), I encountered a fairly solid squall. The squall was over by the time I reached the bookstore, but the snow began to fall again as a fine dust a few hours later, just before 7:00. I stepped outside to try to get some photos, but the snow was too fine to show up in photos, and melted almost as soon as it hit any surface. I decided to pack it in.

Almost immediately, the snow began to fall in great, downy flakes. It was still melting quickly, but I was able to get the shot above of snow on the Forsythia blossoms.

NOW are we done with snow?

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

(Update, May 20, 2018: It actually snowed again the next day, April 18, 2018, big pellets of snow that melted quickly. Some areas of NEPA saw snow again over the next few days, and overnight frosts and freezes lasted for another week or so.) 

No comments: