Monday, April 05, 2010

Schedule continues to slip

Back to work today, for a shift that approximates the "normal" work week: working the nights of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 6 PM to 6AM, then working Thursday night from 6PM to 10 PM. Off Friday through Monday, then working the same shift again, only pushed forward by one day.

There are several things I meant to do during these days off, or my last days off, or my days off before that, that got bumped because of more pressing and immediate concerns. Some of these I can live with; some, like getting my car registration renewal, are more serious. I mailed it in two weeks ago, and - well, glory be, the check just got cashed today! Maybe next time I'll choose the immediate online renewal option. Now when I get the renewed registration I can get my car inspected.

Found out at a party this weekend that there are some people who believe that you are supposed to name your guardian angel. Others there thought they already came with names, like Cabbage Patch Kids. I suggested that if your guardian angel's name is Baphomet, or Pazuzu, or Captain Howdy, you may be in a bit of trouble. Others noted that having a guardian angel with a name like "Fred" may be a problem, because there may be so many Freds out there that none of them would bother to respond, thinking that one of the other angels named Fred was the one you were asking for.

Next days off I need to mow the lawn. Some patches are getting kinda long. Didn't I just nearly die in a heavy snowstorm last week?

No comments: