Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter schedule

Well, I failed to accomplish three major things scheduled for Friday: I didn't start any seeds, I didn't prune my rosebush, and I didn't finish pruning my grapevines. The chocolate Easter Egg making process became very stretched out: I made the batter (a double batch) and shaped the eggs late Thursday night, I dipped the eggs midday Friday, I applied their color-coded decorations Friday afternoon, and I boxed them up for safe keeping and easy delivery Friday evening.

The temperatures today made it seem more like a Summer day than an early Spring one. I wonder if all the people who were declaring Global Warming a hoax a few weeks ago because, astonighingly enough, it actually snowed in Frbruary were now sitting down and writing letters of apology to Al Gore as the temperatures soared into the high 70s and low 80s on the second day of April.*

Tomorrow (actually, later today!) I will take our Easter basket to be blessed, an old tradition among the Polish, Slovaks, and others. After that I am off to a birthday party. And after that, I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again - I may actually miss a day or two. We'll see!



*Of course there is a difference between weather and climate. My point is not that a warm spell in early Spring proves anything; my point is that an unusually heavy snow in mid-Winter in one part of the country doesn't prove anything.

No comments: