Thursday, April 08, 2010

Homes, Gardens, Yards, and Vandals

There was a vandalism spree in Nanticoke Tuesday morning, of which I was unaware until I woke up yesterday afternoon. I checked out my house across town on the way home from work this morning, and everything appeared to be in order, aside from the scraps of trash that have accumulated against the fence and the somewhat overgrown Forsythia bushes that I just transplanted there last year - or was it the year before?

We are going through a stretch of beautiful weather that is scheduled to end - well, sometime while I am sleeping this afternoon. It may end violently, as warm temperatures give way to cool and produce the thunderstorms which often accompany such a change. Must remember to disconnect the computer before I go to bed.

I don't mind cooler temperatures, but wet weather may make it impossible to do the yard work that is rapidly becoming overdue, at least over the next four days. But I'll give it a shot.

I'm working tonight, but if you're available and in the Wilkes-Barre area, be sure to check out the comedy night at Bentley's on route 309 in Ashley. It's for a good cause!

No comments: