Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Back to work, if I remember how

For the first time in what seems like forever, I have had four days off in a row.

It hasn't really been that long. I just took several days off at the beginning of the month to go to a friend's wedding, and depending on how the overtime situation worked that way, that may have added up to four consecutive days off. But going to a wedding hardly counts as a day off. Wedding usually make for long days and nights, and when you factor in the four total hours of travel, it was a pretty full day.

I wasn't really expecting four days off this time. I had planned to put in for one day of overtime but circumstances demanded that I put in for two, lest I be mandated to work on Sunday, when I was planning on having a birthday celebration for my mom. As the overtime wheel rolled, I was at the bottom of the roster for Friday, and near the bottom Saturday, and my overtime was cancelled both days.

I was grateful for the time off. Though the money would have been nice, too.

So now I start back to work, Tuesday through Friday. I will put in for Saturday so I might get in sixty hours for a seventy hour paycheck. And I will put in for the following Tuesday for the same reason. And the Tuesday and Wednesday after that, and the Monday after that, and... well, we'll see how things go.

No comments: