Friday, January 09, 2009

YouTube Weekend: Men at Work, "Overkill"

There are at least three or four stories behind the reason I'm posting this song. I think. Maybe I'll explain someday. It's hard to focus right now as I am fading away towards unconsciousness, having just completed one-quarter of my work rotation. Hopefully my internal alarm clock will wake me up at 3:00 tomorrow morning (two minutes before my first alarm clock), as it should, rather than at 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, and 2:30, as it did this morning. (Which is half of one of the stories. I couldn't get to sleep last night, and this song came to mind. I do not think I will have that same problem tonight.)

Ghosts appear and fade away
come back another day




Fun fact: that's PAL timecode running along the top, with a 25 frames per second standard. (The last number goes from 0 to 24.) This is used in Europe and (I think) Australia. NTSC is used in the U.S., Central America, Japan, and a few other places and uses a 29.97 fps standard (30 frames per second on video.)

2 comments:

Teigra said...

Nice song. Now it's stuck in my head. I never realized who sung it. :-) Hope you had a good rest!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thanks for posting the video! that was fun! Enjoy you weekend! I'm enjoying my 2 day one.