Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Back to work day

Regular readers may have noticed that I failed to do a post for The Stained Glass Project this Sunday. That was unintentional. It just slipped my mind. Honestly, I was all out of sorts with the prospect of being on layoff this entire week, and I was also hard at work baking cookies all day Sunday, and yesterday too.

But on top of that, I am also running out of good photos of the stained glass windows. The problem is, all of the photos that I have so far were taken freehand with a timed shutter delay to minimize camera jerking, but otherwise just stabilized through my Zen-like control of my breathing and heartbeat. Even though the pictures were taken on a bright Autumn day, many of the windows - including almost all of the ones on the North side - show some blurring, as the shutter stayed open for an unreasonably long amount of time. I have spoken to the parish priest about getting access to the church to re-take the photos using a tripod, preferably on a bright day when there is snow on the ground (to maximize reflected sunlight), and he agreed. I was actually planning to make arrangements for this week, since aside from baking cookies I would be otherwise free.

So I was a little surprised to find my name not on the layoff list for today.

Twelve hours of nonstop motion, bookended by lengthy commutes and hastily-eaten meals. I'll be turning in in a little bit, after I've thrown together a lunch and gotten my clothes together for tomorrow and checked the layoff message to confirm that I'm actually not on layoff tomorrow. It will be another three-day week, today, tomorrow, and Thursday, and then I'm not scheduled to go back until next Tuesday. Will I be working then? Nobody can say.

No comments: