Saturday, September 04, 2004

Sunsets over Stone Harbor

Here are two of my photos from Stone Harbor - both are of sunsets, and neither one shows the ocean. (Which makes sense, since Stone Harbor is on the East Coast of the U.S.) But the bay behind our condo is visible in each case. Stone Harbor is really part of an island that runs along the New Jersey shore, and our condo was located near one of the main bridges linking it to the mainland.

I got some pictures of Nanticoke yesterday morning. The sunrise was not as spectacular as the previous two mornings - pale pink fading to pale salmon and then to white - but I think I got some nice shots of the morning fog along Middle Road to the South and the Susquehanna River to the North. It may be some time before I get those developed. (Yes, I still use film. 24mm APS film, but film just the same. I'm such a late adopter.)

Hope you enjoy these! As usual, click on the pictures to get larger images.


Sunset through a chain-link fence Posted by Hello


Sunset over bridge into Stone Harbor Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved your suggestions for the Bush twins. In fact, I enjoyed that whole posting. Your sunset pictures give me inspiration for my quilts, keep the pictures coming.

rimalicious said...

Cool pics but you must go digital ... I got my Kodak Easy Share on eBay for $100 and it is so awesome. I am a camera happy fool now and its so easy!! I've even gotten into digital scrapbooking (http://community.webshots.com/album/161787112pbJOuF)which is sooo much better than paper scrapbooking.

D.B. Echo said...

Hmmm, will this be my final post? I've been trying for waaaay too long (an hour and a half so far) to publish my latest post, but nuthin' doin' - the system keeps getting caught in a loop. The post isn't obnoxiously long, or strangely formatted, and doesn't have a title consisting only of question marks. If the system lets me add this comment, then that tells me something. I even get hung up if I try to ZDELETE the post I'm trying to publish! I hate computers.

D.B. Echo said...

OK, my last comment didn't show up....either my site is hosed, or the Blogspot/Blogger site is having problems.