Friday, September 10, 2004

Smithian irony

So yesterday I went to Best Buy to try to get a DVD that just came out on Tuesday. I walked around for a while but couldn't find it. Finally I decided to give up and ask a clerk to help me.

First I had to get a clerk's attention. All of the clerks from the DVD department were standing together, talking and demonstrating karate kicks. After a while I managed to get the attention of one of them, who quickly told me that the DVD I wanted was sold out. Didn't offer me a rain check or anything like that. Just "No, man, that's all out."

Freakin' kids. Damned clerks should spend less time talking and screwing around with each other and be a little more attentive to the customers.

As I left the store, I realized the irony of the situation. I was looking for the tenth anniversary edition of Kevin Smith's Clerks. Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DB, they are called Dumblebees, because they are dumb and float like bees.
-dude

marcoshark said...

DB – oh the irony!!!! where the store Clerks talking about Flying Car's or Transexual crossdressing video's?

Dude - Hey, didn't I *use* to know you?!?!