Sunday, September 12, 2004

Brother from another continent

Camilla in Norway has recently gotten a kitten whom she has named Tore Hund. Check out his pictures here. I am amazed by how much he resembles two of my mom's cats, Nikki and Joey. Here is a picture that shows both of them together.


Two-headed cat Posted by Hello

Nikki is the one on top and appears to be some sort of Siamese mix. He was found by my sister the day after he was born. His mother carried off the rest of his litter but left him behind in a drainage ditch where he would have surely died. I was visiting her that weekend for an REM concert, and I carried the cat back with me in my car - in the heat of the summer, with the windows rolled up and no air conditioning or even fans going in the car, because the breeze could have killed the week-old cat. It took all of my Zen focus to make that three-hour ride in stifling heat. Nikki has grown up true to his feral roots, and is feisty and naughty and likes to hit people.

Joey, the lower cat, was found by my brother one late Autumn day, hanging out and crying around his house. He and his family took him in, but soon discovered that he had a spraying problem. So my mom inherited him. Joey still has the spraying problem, but other than that, he's a great cat.

No comments: