Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A brief absence, and adding Dee's Deteriorata

Hello there. It's been relentless summering these last few days, starting with an extended session of gardening on Saturday the 2nd, a visit with some friends and a Hawaiian-themed family 4th of July party on the 3rd, another family 4th of July party on the 4th, a viewing of the Hilary Duff/Heather Locklear vehicle "The Perfect Man" last night (a suggestion of my friend's daughter), and a visit to Chuck E. Cheese's tonight. Tomorrow we're off to Sesame Place, and then who knows what for Friday or the weekend. (My friend and her daughter will be going back home on Monday, so we have to squeeze a lot of stuff into just a few days.) So I hope you'll forgive me for my absence - both from blogging, and from real-life interaction with my real-world friends who read this blog.

Having lost a few of my regular blog reads to attrition or real-world encroachment, I have decided to start looking to add a few new ones. The first is Dee's Deteriorata. Dee is a regular commenter on Adam Felber's Fanatical Apathy, and like most regular commenters on his site she is usually more clever and coherent than I am. She is also generally better-informed about things, so she fills a void left by the departure of SuperG's My Distractions In This Modern Age. Surf on over to Dee's site, and see what she has to say!

No comments: