Monday, January 11, 2010

Sleep day

Today I slept. Most of the day, anyway.

I didn't mean to. I did plan to go over to my house across town after the end of my shift, undecorate, maybe take a little nap. I haven't slept over there in quite a while, possibly since just before Labor Day. But the bed was so comfortable, and it felt so good to just sleep. I wound up sleeping from about 8:00 in the morning to around 4:00 in the afternoon. (Those times may be off by an hour. I haven't reset most of the clocks in that house to Standard Time yet.)

But now I have a problem. I have a dentist's appointment at 8:45 tomorrow morning. Now I have to get back to bed sometime soon so I can wake up in time. Otherwise, my body will just stay on a night shift schedule until it's time to go back to work.

Thursday is the day night I go back to work, though it's for another four-hour day night. Maybe I can arrange to be up in that area and doing something before my shift starts. That's a long haul for very little time spent actually working.

No comments: