Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mission of Burma: That's When I Reach For My Revolver

I heard this song on the radio on the way home from work this morning on VMFM, Marywood University's radio station. VMFM has a huge and diverse catalog of music, and they have provided interesting surprises in the past. But this time I recognized the song, even though I wasn't sure what it was or who it was by. When I got home I Googled the phrase "That's when I reach for my revolver" and found that the song (the title of which is in fact this phrase) was by Mission of Burma - an amazing band that was decades ahead of its time. Their initial run was from 1979 through 1983, but their sound is nothing like anything else you will hear from that era. Here is a video of the band performing "That's When I Reach For My Revolver" live.



I had the privilege of working on a Mission of Burma DVD project years back, and that was when I was first exposed to this remarkable band - and this song.

No comments: