Thursday, January 07, 2010

Confusing new schedule

Last night I worked for four hours, from 10 PM to 2 AM this morning. I had slept until about eleven yesterday morning, and then got up and did things as normal for the rest of the day until it was time to get ready for work. After I got home this morning around 3:00 I ate and then screwed around on the Internet a bit, going to bed at 5:00.

I woke up at 9:30 this morning but forced myself to stay in bed. Ditto at 11:00. By 1:15 this afternoon I was ready to start waking up.

This afternoon before work I need to go to the wake of the father of a friend. Then I will leave for work around 5:00 and work from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM tonight and the three nights after.

I need to use my "personal days" from last year, which have now been transformed into "sick days" for this year. They expire at the beginning or end of March, I forget which. Nice thing is, I can use them to schedule myself to take my mom to appointments. She has a lot of appointments, and this is the time of year when I really, really don't want to see her driving herself.

I also have to schedule my unused vacation time, but I can do that for my non-working days.

I'm off again January 11 - 13, then go in on another four or six hour day on the 14th, then work again the 15th through the 17th, with the 18th off for Martin Luther King Day. Thank goodness I have a scanned copy of the calendar in case I ever lose mine!

No comments: