Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Another Monkey's Greatest Hits, Volume 2

Volume 1 of this list (from nearly four years ago!) was mostly a list of things that I considered my best posts. This will be a much shorter list of the things that have perennially attracted the most traffic and generated the most comments.

It's hard to pick a top hit generator, but I'm pretty sure this is it:
Another Monkey: Computers, bloody computers: Firefox and js3250.dll
I find this somewhat upsetting. This was a post from two years ago about a persistent bug that led me to finally stop using Firfox altogether. Now, before all you Firefox partisans start telling me about how Firefox is the greatest thing ever, and Internet Explorer sucks, and how you've never even heard of the js3250.dll bug, I'll just say: don't bother. This post is responsible for ten of my last hundred hits, and it's been around there since I first posted it. Obviously, this problem is still out there, even if you haven't encountered it personally. I haven't had a problem with it, because I am quite happily running IE8 on Windows XP. No crashes, no need to reinstall my browser every few days.

Another major hit and comment generator continues to be The Strange Case of the Headless Rabbit. This post has become one of the global repositories for information from people who have found decapitated rabbits in their yards. It is so popular that I often tell people that if they can't remember to find me by Googling "Another Monkey", they can just Google the more memorable "headless rabbit."

A lot of people seen to be looking for information on The Poop Cake. Though some are actually looking for a "poop shaped cake." Sorry, can't help you there.

An awful lot of people are looking for information of the Police Protective Fund. I'm glad I can help them.

Finally, as was the case four years ago, people always want to know about Cathy Baker from Hee Haw.
Cathy Baker, Hee Haw, and how they relate to the Hubble Space Telescope and other endangered species
Sadly, a lot of people seem to believe that she is dead. I suppose eventually they'll be right.

No comments: