Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Nanticoke Fair

...is going on right now. Has been going on since June 26. In fact, it ends tonight.

How could I have not noticed this? Granted, I haven't visited that side of town - Lower Broadway near Weis Market and the West Nanticoke bridge - in nearly a week, and I guess the Ferris Wheel wasn't up when I was there last. (Good thing I needed to pick up a bottle of wine!) Still, it seems like they could have been doing better publicity! After all, the Honey Pot Cabbage Roll (benefits the Honey Pot Fire Company #6) has its own MySpace page, and the folks running it (or possibly just Chester Kopco) sought out local people with MySpace pages to become its "friends"!

our web sites for the Cabbage Roll 07 are:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7gr1v/ and
http://www.freewebs.com/cabbageroll07/


See, that's how small-town local things can make appropriate use of the internet to publicize their events!

If you get a chance, stop at the Nanticoke Fair, and Cabbage Roll '07, too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any news on the job front?

D.B. Echo said...

Well, I put in an application at one of the Least Likely Places anyone would ever expect me to work. But, hey, the military-industrial complex needs Statistical Preocess Control, too. I suppose I could look at this as a win-win opportunity: if war ends, that's great; if the war goes on, this business would continue to be very busy. Still, I have serious ethical concerns.

While going on a day trip yesterday I got a call on a cell phone from someone with a financial firm that wants to set up an interview with me. I need to research this company a bit, but I will definitely follow-up tomorrow,

D.B. Echo said...

I should have said "put in an application and had a same-day interview".

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! Sounds like good news!