Sunday, June 10, 2007

Blogging from an undisclosed location...

I'm visiting some friends this weekend, and I'm blogging on one of their computers. It's strange to be working on a system that doesn't freeze and crash every few minutes.

Not much action on the job front. I'm discouraged by the poor signal-to-noise ratio on Careerbuilder and Monster.com, but I just learned that a friend used them to successfully locate a job. I also received some encouraging news on my "Plan A" job, though I'm still not holding out much hope there. The "Plan B" job is still open. "Plan C" is in limbo, and I'll need to send a follow-up to see if my original message was actually received - and maybe I'll include the original message, as well as a copy of my resume (can't figure out how to get those specially-accented e's on this computer.)

Well, I should go in for a shower soon, so I'm out when my friends get back from church and the after-church social. I was planning to go with them, even though I went to my own church yesterday, but I woke up feeling too woozy to contemplate being out and about and pleasant and sociable for two or more hours this morning. Maybe it's the high pollen count down here.

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

You are still in my thoughts and prayers as far as the job goes.

I hope you are feeling a little better.

Domestic Zookeeper said...

I have submitted upwards of 100 resumes through Monster/CareerBuilder over the years. Of them all, I received one interview call. At the interview (2 months after I submitted), I found out that they had over 800 applicants. That was the day I lost all faith in those programs. Now I hunt down jobs individually, or look in the paper. My success rate with the paper has been much better.