Friday, August 11, 2006

Tired, again

I had dinner at an Indian place with some friends last night. It was excellent. But on the way home I was so tired I could barely stay on the road. Driving while tired is stupid and dangerous, and I do it a lot more often than I care to admit.

I think Trixie may be to blame for my exhaustion - late to bed, and early to rise. Some mornings she wanted to get up at 2:30 instead of 5:30 to go out for a walk. My brother and his family came back from the beach yesterday afternoon and picked her up. So now I get to go to bed and get up on my schedule, not hers.

I tried to call a friend last night when I got home, around 9:30 my time, but got a constant busy signal. I was asleep by 10:00. I slept until 5:30 this morning.

I did some reading up on coyotes. Seems that the coyote Trixie and I encountered in my back yard was a small specimen, maybe a juvenile. They're not that uncommon in suburban areas, especially a suburban area that is bordered on all sides by forest (the closest forest is about a quarter mile away.) They are attracted to cat food placed out for strays and will prey on the cats themselves. They will also look upon small yappy dogs as meals, which may be why the coyote was eyeing us up the other day. According to the article, I should have aggressively chased it away, lest it decide that my back yard is part of its territory. Well, next time I'll know better.

No comments: