Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In search of Tender Vittles

Ashes is at a critical stage. He has stopped eating almost any food except Tender Vittles - and I've just discovered that Tender Vittles has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I just bought some at a supermarket a month or so ago. I checked that same supermarket last night, and they had none. A second supermarket also came up empty. So did a third one, and all the local Kmarts and Wal-Mart and Target and all of the local and national pet food stores. Now we're down to searching Big Lots and Ollie's and other junk stores. Maybe I'll try a few cut-rate markets in bad parts of town - they might have some old stock.
I've just ordered 20 boxes online from Amazon.com. With expedited shipping they might get here in a few days. Maybe Ashes will still be alive by then, I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have food similar to Tender Vittles at Walmart. It's in a plastic jug and it's called Happy Cat. But, it's the same type of moist food that Tender Vittle is. I'll look for Tender Vittles also -I do think I've seen them in Gerrity's here in Moosic on Birney Ave. If you get a moment maybe you could call there. if I get a chance at lunch I'll run in to see what they have, too.