Monday, January 04, 2010

Slacking off

Yeah, I have been slacking off in my blogging duties lately. On work days my output naturally suffers, though one of my better pieces in recent months was written just after I got home from a night of work. But I'm currently going through a longer stretch of days off (December 31 - January 5) than I have experienced since my last major layoff, and haven't done a fraction of the writing (or anything else) I could have.

There are reasons. Seasonal Affective Disorder makes the Winter months feel like a total drag as my body simply wants to hibernate. I've got other things going on, too, some of which I have blogged about, some of which I don't plan on blogging about.

I did get out and spend some money today. Actually, far more money than I wanted to, possibly to get news that I won't want to hear. But I am now the owner of a shiny new stack of comic books (purchased at a 20% discount!), a shiny new Scientific American Space calendar, and a shiny new all-brass toilet flush handle and lever. (Actually, this isn't that shiny, which is the way I like it. I wonder if I should go over it with paste wax to keep the finish the way it is?) Also some lovely foam weatherstripping and some rope caulk - which will probably sit, unused, through the rest of the Winter and continue to sit until whenever the hell I get around to applying it.

Anyway, note to myself, and anyone else who might care: the comic book store I've been going to for the past few months, Fanmax (aka Max Saturdays), located at 800 Wyoming Ave in West Pittston, PA has new hours. I know I will screw this up, since I left the note downstairs, but here's my preliminary recollection:

Sunday, Monday: Closed
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 1 PM - 5 PM
Wednesday: Opened later. Maybe until 6:00. I think.

I'll update that when I get around to it. And, hell, one of these days I may follow through on my threat to just create a small business blog for the place.

No comments: