Whim has actually presented me with a number of awards over the past twenty-two months or so since Tiffany pointed me in the direction of Whim's blog with this post. Some I've acknowledged, a few I've displayed here, but some I just never got around to doing anything with. I've been feeling kinda bad about that lately, and I've been meaning to make up for it. This is as good a place as any to start!
The Superior Scribbler Award has been passed from blogger to blogger, but I decided to go to the website listed in the image. After taking some time to read a few posts and follow some links, I found my way to this post, where it all began. Included in a brief history of the award is a list of rules, reproduced here:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm very bad at these pass-along games - memes, MySpace apps, Facebook things like Penguins and Good Karma and god-knows-what usually just bounce right off me. But this one looks earnestly done - and considering it has been passed on to me by Whim, who is a writer with considerable talent, particularly when it comes to telling the story of an incredibly painful life-changing event and how it has affected her, I feel that I just can't let it end here. So I will be passing this along, and doing all the other things stipulated in the rules. Eventually.
Eventually I'll also get around to writing about this:
But you'll just have to stay tuned to see what that's all about!