Saturday, December 30, 2006

Labels, blood, and oil

Today was a semi-big day. Blood donation followed by an oil change, then the purchase of over $59 worth of cat food and cat toys, lunch from McDonald's (including my first Eggnog Shake of the season), and a free car wash from a place I've never been to before.

I'm continuing my backwards journey through my posts, applying labels as I go. My goal was to get back to the post where I announced the purchase of my house back on May 31 of this year, but my computer has become futzy within two posts of this goal. Oh, well.

It's a hell of a thing to be relieving all the events I've written about in reverse order. To see Minnie as a box of cremated remains, then to read her life story, then her death story, then her progress reports, then the announcement that she had gone into the hospital unexpectedly. To see my decorated, painted porch, then to watch it become unpainted, unprimed, unsanded, unscraped. It's really quite unnerving. But it helps me appreciate how I've gotten to where I am.

250-plus posts labelled. 660 or so to go.

No comments: